CHOOSING DR. Z
Is Dr. Zoldbrod's Style as a Therapist?
Why Should I Choose Her?
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, REPUTATION, CERTIFICATIONS
Dr. Zoldbrod is known for her intelligence,
her insight, her humor and her warmth.
Dr. Zoldbrod's treatment philosophy
- Being very active in every session.
- A carefully developed, individualized treatment plan
- Frequent feedback to you
- Concrete help and varied treatment strategies
- Attention to the relationship
- A therapist who is emotionally present in the therapy
- Three decades of experience providing couples, individual,
and sex therapy.
- Sex therapist who has been leading sessions and teaching other
sex therapists at national sex therapy conferences since 1991.
- Presenter at SASH National Conference on sexual addiction.
- Author of award winning, highly regarded book discussing sexual
development, sexual trauma, sexual desire disorders, and sexual
addiction. (click over to SexSmart)
- Known in the field of sexology for two decades. First quoted
on sexuality in national media (Boston Globe) March, 1991.
Who You Select for Your Therapist
Makes All the Difference!
"Bright, Well Known, Innovative"
Click here to see what makes Dr.
- SASH. The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health
- AASECT. The American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors
- SSTAR. The Society for Sex Therapy and Research
- NESTTD. New England Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
- APA. American Psychological Association
- APA Society for the Psychology of Women
- MPA. The Massachusetts Psychological Associaton Consulting Sex
Therapist, Lahey Clinic Center for Sexual Function, Peabody, Ma.
Dr. Zoldbrod's Education, Training,
Dr. Zoldbrod's training has been extremely varied, since she has
been working in the field for over 35 years. It includes advanced
training in couples therapy, bioenergetics, hypnosis, EFT, imagery,
behavior therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and multi-modal behavior
therapy. Most recently, she undertook learning Sensorimotor
Training for the Treatment of Trauma. 09)
- Training in Sexual Addiction/ Compulsion
beginning with courses in May,1991. Longstanding interest in sexual
compulsions. First heard Dr. Patrick Carnes speak on "Sexual
Obsession and Family Life" at the American Psychological
Association in San Francisco Aug 18, 1991, and continuing ongoing
- Certified in EMDR, Eye Movement
Desensitization and Reprocessing, a treatment for trauma. (March,
- Certified in the Sensorimotor Treatment
of Trauma (Level 1) through the SPI (Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Institute) a 9 month long training program (completed May, 2009).
She is continuing her training through a supervision group.
- Couples therapy training through
year long program in "Foundations in Couples Systems Therapy",
Kantor Family Institute (completed June l,1993). Continuing education
programs in marital therapy beginning with Neil S. Jacobson, Ph.D.
(Dec 7-8, 1990, Boston), continuing to this day through workshops
with experts like Susan Johnson Ph.D. and Esther Perel, Ph.D.
- Certified sex therapist and Diplomate
in Sex Therapy, American Association of Sex Educators,
Counselors and Therapists.
- Licensed psychologist since 1981.
Dr. Zoldbrod is an expert in treating many types of trauma. She
is a member of the New England Society for the Study of Trauma and
Dissociation. In 2000, she presented her work on sexual development
and trauma to her colleagues at NESTTD.
Dr. Zoldbrod sees individuals and couples.
She is known for being results-oriented and highly active in each
session of individual psychotherapy, couples therapy, and sex therapy.
To Make An Appointment
Call Dr. Zoldbrod at 781-863-1877
to make an appointment. You can briefly tell her the details of
your situation and see if she is the right therapist for you.
During the call, you will get
a preliminary idea of her style and her ideas about how to best
help you, at no charge.
Aline Zoldbrod Ph.D.
12 Rumford Road
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420
to the Top of the Page